09' tmax mirrors

Yamaha TMax Specific

Moderator: Site Moderators

09' tmax mirrors

Postby RICKSLQ9 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:44 09

I'm new to the forum and just have a question about any upgrade mirrors that are less longer than the factory bug antennas my tmax came with? Oh yeah I almost forgot to let you know where I'm from. Minneola, Florida-- that is west of orlando(where the hills are-lol).

I purchased a new 09' tmax to commute to school. My laptop and most of my books fit in the trunk and my rain gets strapped to my passenger seat. I bought her in Feb. this year and have almost 6000 mi. on her! A few simple mods I have already done myself is take off the ridiculously tall windshield off, I don't mind the wind in my face-lol, and I have eliminated the fender. I have ordered my Yoshimura full exaust-cant wait for that to come in. anyway, cheers everybody
RICKSLQ9

MajestyUSA.com
Advertisement

Postby porky » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:52 09

:shock: Most of us want longer mirror stalks so that we can see more easily to the rear, instead of seeing one's shoulders. I know that doesn't answer your questions but why would you want mirrors that are shorter?

Sam 8)
Read John 3:16
KF6GUW Amateur Extra

2009 Yamaha Zuma 125, Yellow.
2012 Blue Goldwing 1800.
2013 Kymco Xciting 500RI ABS Scooter, gold metallic.
2005 Suzuki Burgman 650, blue metallic.
porky
Insane Poster

Postby Maddman » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:18 10

I would imagine he's going for the "look" since he has taken off rear fender to more resemble a sport bike look from rear and went with sport wind screen, they have a few listed on ebay as far as shorter mirrors, just search

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid ... Categories
Maddman
Super Poster

Postby RICKSLQ9 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:47 12

I saw those, I just didn't know if they fit. Thanks for the reply, and yes I am kinda looking for a little sportier look but mostly for performance. I think first bike and am 37 yrs. old and am back in college. Maybe some shims on the upper part of the mounting brackets of the mirrors would kick it out enough to where it misses ones shoulders? I just think there a bit to upright. I've never had anything else to go by so maybe I'm being to hyprocritical on my otherwise fantastic bike.

I commute 48 mi. one way through out the week not counting the weekends. :D I've drove other people's motorcycles before just not long enough to make any thing of it. Now that I have a daily rider I have the same complaints about the shoulder thing as well. I just didn't think that longer ones were the answer. I guess I'm rogue on this issue.
RICKSLQ9

Postby bigwheelsturning » Sun Jul 26, 2009 15:30 15

I'm too old to care about the "look", and I LOVE the Tmaxes mirrors the way they are (John may not agree), but I like them. Perfect height, rock steady, and a perfect view of whats behind me, and quite a way to the sides too.

I have mine set up so I can just see the edges of my shoulders on the inside.

You don't need to type the "lol"; you can use these instead. :lol:
2009 Yellow XP500Y-Y "Rosie" The Yellow Rose of Tmaxes
19,000 Miles of TMAX FUN todate
Laminar Lip, CrampBuster, EU Winkers,Custom Back Rest, SHAD SH-50 Top Case and Rack, SHAD seat, Dual Headlight Mod, GPS holder, Michelin Pilot Sports (new at 15k), Cycle Hill tire changer
bigwheelsturning
MajestyUSA Supporter
MajestyUSA Supporter

Postby drchip » Sun Jul 26, 2009 17:53 17

You bloke in the US must be a lot wider !!! .. I guess that because again I have no problems and here is oz I'm considered stocky...
TMAX 530 2013, 1x Sexy Wife, 3x All grownup, left home Sons There's food in the fridge now :)

Own Business t/a DrChip Computer Services. IT Technician for the last 42 years.

"There are 10 kinds of people in the world, them that understand binary and them that don't!"
drchip
MajestyUSA Supporter
MajestyUSA Supporter

Postby Maddman » Sun Jul 26, 2009 19:12 19

I too have mine set just to see edges of my shoulders and and very happy to be able to see as well as I can , and would not sacrafice that for looks
Maddman
Super Poster

Postby porky » Sun Jul 26, 2009 19:41 19

:D wide as Texas pardner and as long as California! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sam 8)
KF6GUW Amateur Extra

2012 Blue Goldwing 1800.
porky
Insane Poster

Postby drchip » Sun Jul 26, 2009 20:56 20

Listen mate them bloody places aint big strewth.. :shock:

Just Western Auzzie is four time that with bloody room to spare... :shock:

bloody heck Texas is just the back paddock out here :D :D

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=0onlammwdmy&thumb=4
TMAX 530 2013, 1x Sexy Wife, 3x All grownup, left home Sons There's food in the fridge now :)

Own Business t/a DrChip Computer Services. IT Technician for the last 42 years.

"There are 10 kinds of people in the world, them that understand binary and them that don't!"
drchip
MajestyUSA Supporter
MajestyUSA Supporter

Postby porky » Sun Jul 26, 2009 22:18 22

:D That's true, that island of yours is bloody huge! Myself and another NASDS scuba instructor planned on opening a dive shop in Australia, in about 1979 but the deal got quashed.

Good thing I guess because I would probably have had to fight off the great white shark, venomous sea snakes, killer jellyfish and the occassional saltwater crock just to make a living! :lol:

At this point in life my biggest worry is getting zapped by an angry capacitor on a motherboard!

Sam 8)
KF6GUW Amateur Extra

2012 Blue Goldwing 1800.
porky
Insane Poster

Postby rcroller » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:53 06

Here are some aftermarket mirrors I purchased and have worked out well. Aqua has the same ones.

Thay are in France and ship to the US albeit a bit pricey for shipping but they are fast!
_______
Bob R.
2009 Yamaha T-Max
rcroller
Turbo Poster

Postby RICKSLQ9 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:03 09

Thanks everybody for the help. I don't know which way to go, but I do appreciate the feed back even the one about "the look", whatever that might mean. Thanks again.

Did anyone get any feed back on the jcosta variator race version. I didnt see much on the video that was posted. Thanks
RICKSLQ9

Postby Maddman » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:44 09

Didnt mean anything bad about going for the "look" I specifically got me a TMax for that reason, a scooter that preforms like a sport bike plus doesent look like a scooter.
I exhausted looking at scoots for the past year and didnt like any that I saw, either looked too much like a scoot or didnt have performance I need..where I live its almost impossible to not go on highway to get around and couldnt feel safe at a speed of 65 or so max. then yamaha bought to the states the TMax, love at first ride.
I saw a pic of a Tmax with rear fender removed and dual exhaust comming out from under seat with 2 small mufflers , thats the setup I would love , then saddle bags would be an option for my trips to Tenn and the carolina beaches, anyone seen that set up with duals under seat?
Maddman
Super Poster

Postby k6gad » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:14 10

Don't know if it has been mentioned but PJ's parts sells some nice looking Rizoma products.

http://www.pjsparts.com/
k6gad
MajestyUSA Supporter
MajestyUSA Supporter

Postby dezzie » Tue Jul 28, 2009 21:15 21

http://www.marcmoto-tmax.com/retroviseu ... =1a&page=2
Hope this helps, just new in from marco moto, great site, lots of tmax goodies!
J Costa race variator
L.E.D lights
Carbon boomerang
Colour matched undertray
BMC filter
Power commander pcIII with custom map
Givi sport screen
Chrome reservoir covers
Axle cover
Heated grips
Yamaha tunnel bag
dezzie

Postby Vigilante » Tue Sep 21, 2010 21:48 21

bigwheelsturning wrote:I'm too old to care about the "look", and I LOVE the Tmaxes mirrors the way they are (John may not agree), but I like them. Perfect height, rock steady, and a perfect view of whats behind me, and quite a way to the sides too.

I have mine set up so I can just see the edges of my shoulders on the inside.

Unless you're on a particularly long straight-a-way, every time you take a curve you're provided with an excellent mirror view directly behind you. The stock mirrors work great for me too.
Vigilante
Super Poster

Postby CeeBeeA » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:59 01

Hi RICKSLQ9,

I have a pair of mirrors for sale from TMaxWorld in Nice, France that RCRoller mentioned previously. They are definitely sportier looking than the standard mirrors and you can see them on RCRoller's pictures of his lovely blue TMax elsewhere on the forum. Do a search for his posts and you will see them fitted.

I never actually fitted them after buying them as I'm happy with the originals and they are still in their packaging as they arrived from France. If you are interested in buying them then PM me and I'll check on the postage costs to the US from the UK. Shouldn't be too much as they are not very heavy.

Cheers
CeeBeeA
CeeBeeA

Return to TMax