Exhaust

Add ons for the Majesty line. (Windshields, sidebags, exhaust, etc...)

Moderator: Site Moderators

Exhaust

Postby keithfries » Sun Dec 18, 2005 19:10 19

I want to know if anyone has installed the LeoVince exhaust on their Majesty?

Are there any other brands of exhausts out there yet?
keithfries

MajestyUSA.com
Advertisement

Postby pondpond » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:24 12

I just ordered mine, and a POwer Commander, Should all be here after first of the year.

I Will post results and pics
pondpond

Postby Rubble » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:52 12

pondpond wrote:I just ordered mine, and a POwer Commander, Should all be here after first of the year.

I Will post results and pics

pondpond, I'm looking forward to your reading about your performance results and pics. Have you thought about doing a couple of sound files so we can get a better idea of how the sound differs between the stock and Leo Vince? I'm hoping you are going to do, or have done some base line accelleration runs with the stock bike for comparison after the mods are done. That's something that is usually missing when people post about thier new pipes etc; it all seems to be seat of the pants feel and no hard data. Of course this stuff is usually moot if you don't have the proper timing lanes, stop watches, radar etc; etc; but numbers are still fun to look at. :)

Dave
Look up. Look way up and I'll call Rusty.
Rubble
Super Poster

Exhaust

Postby pondpond » Fri Dec 23, 2005 17:32 17

I have some knowledge in scooter upgrades, I have a yamaha Zuma also, upgraded to 75cc, with a new exaust, variator, clutch, and all kinds of stuff.

My only worry about the Leo for the Majesty is getting the thing installed without having to take entire cowling off the scoot.

one thing missing from the entire performance equation yet, that is a better air filter (like a K&N). That will make it complete.

I just hope after the tuning I don't get the normal expected clutch slide, and belt slip!

And I live in Central WI, so it might be a while before I get it out and really open it up to see performance, but I got time to get it installed!

Eric
pondpond

Postby gpsnut2003 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:44 06

i too would be very interested to hear (and see) the pipe and PC fitted.
i have contemplated doing this very same mod on mine.

jason in oz.
gpsnut2003
Turbo Poster

Postby Red Herring » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:36 10

I would be very surprised if the pipe made any real difference. The bike will probably be louder, and will smell worse as there is no catalytic converter in the leo's (or other after markets), but performance wise I don't think you'll see any real difference. I suggest putting it on only it you want to change the bikes look, or sound.

Remember, on a 2 stroke, its all about the pipe. You build your motor around the pipe. It is an intricate part of how efficiently a 2 stroke works. The biggest gain in going to an aftermarket pipe on the Majesty is the weight savings over the stock. In fact, it might make the bike run worse. The only reason I can see to switch to a bigger aftermarket pipe is if you rework the head, and induction ($$$$$).

I will be very interested to hear your thoughts.
2005 YP400 Majesty (sold)

1991 BMW K75 RT with ABS. (Sold)

2007 Versys with lots of farkle
Red Herring
MajestyUSA Supporter
MajestyUSA Supporter

Postby manfetti » Thu May 18, 2006 8:54 08

Red Herring wrote:I would be very surprised if the pipe made any real difference. The bike will probably be louder, and will smell worse as there is no catalytic converter in the leo's (or other after markets), but performance wise I don't think you'll see any real difference. I suggest putting it on only it you want to change the bikes look, or sound.

Remember, on a 2 stroke, its all about the pipe. You build your motor around the pipe. It is an intricate part of how efficiently a 2 stroke works. The biggest gain in going to an aftermarket pipe on the Majesty is the weight savings over the stock. In fact, it might make the bike run worse. The only reason I can see to switch to a bigger aftermarket pipe is if you rework the head, and induction ($$$$$).

I will be very interested to hear your thoughts.

The simple truth is that an exhaust system will not add significant more power to your scooter. However, removing your heavy stock system and replacing it with a lightweight system from Leo Vince will benefit you... the reduced weight and LV design will improve acceleration. The sound is also MUCH, MUCH better. I changed my stock out to Leo Vince on my Scarabeo and I would never go back to stock. It now sounds like a maxi-scooter should in my opinion. If all you want is more power, then you'll need to do several mods including a better air filter and a better variator (or change your roller weights). Hope this helps!

Matt C.
ScooterTrap.com
Performance Parts & Accessories
http://www.scootertrap.com
sales@scootertrap.com
manfetti
Super Poster

Postby llcj2112 » Thu May 18, 2006 9:58 09

So do you, or anyone else here, know what the weight difference is between the LV and stock exhaust systems?

Larry

The simple truth is that an exhaust system will not add significant more power to your scooter. However, removing your heavy stock system and replacing it with a lightweight system from Leo Vince will benefit you... the reduced weight and LV design will improve acceleration. The sound is also MUCH, MUCH better. I changed my stock out to Leo Vince on my Scarabeo and I would never go back to stock. It now sounds like a maxi-scooter should in my opinion. If all you want is more power, then you'll need to do several mods including a better air filter and a better variator (or change your roller weights). Hope this helps!

Matt C.
llcj2112
MajestyUSA Supporter
MajestyUSA Supporter

Postby manfetti » Fri May 19, 2006 6:06 06

Take off your stock muffler and weigh it. I'll weigh the Leo Vince this evening and we can compare.
ScooterTrap.com
Performance Parts & Accessories
http://www.scootertrap.com
sales@scootertrap.com
manfetti
Super Poster

Return to Aftermarket and Accessories