Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner

Battery Replacement - How do I do it?

8K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  ronnath 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 Majesty and after charging the battery several times already, I have purchased a new battery. How do I get the old one out and the new one in? I have gotten to it to charge but don't think I can pull the battery through that small space...do I have to take off more? Thanks

#2 ·
Once you take the leads off the terminal and remove the rubber strap that holds the battery down, it will tilt back towards you and actually come out quite easily. I ended up with a defective battery and am waiting for the new one to come in under my warranty. I was told by the Yamaha dealer that they've upgraded the new battery somewhat.

#6 ·
resurrecting an old thread to say thanks.

up to this year i was able to put the maj in winter storage where i could just hook up a battery tender and let the bike sit for several months.

this year, not so fortunate, so the battery had to be removed.

cowl off, battery wires disconnected, but couldn't figure out how to get the battery out.

did a search here and found this thread.

"spicypete's" explanation was reassuring and i tried it. got a better grip on the battery and it tiled forward and lifted right out. Thanks.

#8 ·
that thought crossed my mind, as well, AA. - not the seat thing, getting the strap back on.

although, truth be told, the strap came off pretty easily, so, come late march/early april, i'll find out how "easy" it is.

#10 ·
I don't even know where the battery located much less on how to replace it. A little more detail would be very helpful. I need to change mine out. I don't want to charge the old one for fear that when I am away from the house that it may not be able to restart.

#12 ·
hey Ron, thank you very much. I got the cowling off today but didn't have time to investigate much. For those who are interested or in need, the cowling over the battery basically just slipped off; meaning no bolts or the like. I will try and get some pictures this weekend if I am able.

#13 ·
The cover over the battery SHOULD NOT have just slipped off. There are two pins at the rear of the storeage compartment under the seat that have to be removed first. When you replace that cover those pins MUST be replaced to secure the cover.
Believe me when I tell you that that cover WILL fall off & it is EXPENSIVE to replace.

#14 ·
yeah, gruntled, that caught me a bit flat-footed, as well.

cwim1, there should have been two of the "push pin" type rivets in the back of the storage area. i'm guessing if you didn't buy the bike new, then the previous owner had that panel off somewhere along the way and just snapped it back on trusting the panel to stay in place. like guntled said, it won't.

Here are some threads that talk about the push pins.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8249&p=61661&hilit=anchors#p61661
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8249&p=61511&hilit=anchors#p61511
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8629&p=64439&hilit=anchors#p64439

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.