Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner

majesty vs tmax...survey

5K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  porky 
#1 ·
Would any of you trade in your majesty for a tmax? If you would, is it because it lookes better or is the performance that would attract you to it? Is the extra 2 grand worth it? Like to hear from you all.

#2 ·
Umm nope. half the built in storage. Looks too much like a crotch rocket. And, Seat is way to high for me. My inseam is 29 inches. Majesty if perfect for all my uses. Not interested in a bike that is only 100 cc's more. Now if it was 250 more than maybe I might be slightly interested. But, I like my Majesty. Now if I was given one for free I might change my mind.

#3 ·
There are a lot of things I REALLY like about the TMAX, but mostly it's the motorcycle-type suspension because, more than anything else, I wish the Majesty's rear suspension was better. There's just too much unsprung weight with the engine and driveline all mounted on the swingarm. All that weight moving up and down is too much for any shock absorber(s) to control while still offering a smooth ride. So we're stuck with a rather harsh rear suspension.

Be that as it may, the TMAX's main "weakness", as far as what I want from a motorcycle, and what the Majesty provides, is all that storage space beneath the seat. Being able to carry two full-faced helmets with room to spare is just awesome. For a "real" motorcycle to have that much storage, you're looking at saddlebags and/or a tail trunk -- and not all saddlebags and tail trunks are even capable of carrying a full-sized helmet -- let alone two. And, of course, you can add saddlebags and a tail trunk to the Majesty, too.

So, for me, the Majesty IS IT. It's just too convenient being able to ride to the store and buy a gallon of milk AND two 2-liter bottles of soda AND a big frozen pizza AND a loaf of bread, and stow them under the seat. I still get tickled when people see me approach the Majesty with three or four full plastic grocery bags. They watch in amusement, wondering how on Earth I think I'm going to carry all that stuff on "that scooter". The look of shock on their faces when I easily fit it all beneath the seat is priceless.

The TMAX is a great ride, but if I'm only going to have one motorcycle, it's gonna be the Majesty.

#4 ·
Well the Majesty is my first big scooter but I have plenty of bikes. What I like is the huge amounts of storage. Never had this much before and I like it alot. The stiff suspension on the Majesty don't bother me as I like the feel of a little harder suspension (I guess each person will vary some on what they like).

What I like on the T-Maxx is I like the sportbike look without the bad riding postion. Can't say I like the ride or power since I have not ridden one but I'm pretty sure I can say I would. If it is as sporty handling like I think it is I can see me riding like a sportbike and that might lead to getting a ticket. :lol:

At this time I don't think I would spend the extra 2K on one at this time. I like the huge storage I have now plus I only have 310 miles on my new 09 Majesty.

#5 ·
wyd said:
The stiff suspension on the Majesty don't bother me as I like the feel of a little harder suspension (I guess each person will vary some on what they like).
Hmm... this made me rethink what I've been saying for months about the Majesty's rear suspension. I actually don't mind the ride. I think it's pretty decent most of the time (it wallows a bit in high speed corners, but so does almost everything short of sports bikes). My main gripe is just the harshness over things like railroad crossings or big bumps. I'm always afraid that if I hit them too fast/hard, SOMETHING is going to break. I actually wince when going over railroad tracks, thinking of the jolt that's being transferred to the engine mounts.

#6 ·
I agree that hitting a big bump or something like that can be jaring. So far I have not hit anything really harsh but I know sooner or later it will happen.

My dads Morphous has a super smooth ride as I would say it is plush. The Majesty is to more more sport feeling as it is sprung stiffer where my dads is more like a luxury car. One thing is when I hit a big dip in the highway the Morphous with my weight bottoms out the suspension easily where hitting the same dip on my Majesty it is barely noticeable.

#7 ·
:roll: The 2009 Yamaha T-MAX 500 is Yamaha's "Flagship" and TOP of the line and the best selling performance scooter in Europe. I think it may be here in the United States too, if supply meets demand and the economy doesn't worsen. There is a REASON why it costs more. :D

Yes, the Majesty holds more stuff and gets better fuel mileage, with less fuel capacity in the tank and the seat is less tall. :roll:

Actually ride a T-MAX and then see what y'all think! :shock:

Apples and oranges are fun to compare but in the end, in my humble opinion, they both make a great snack food! :wink:

Have fun! Sam 8)

#8 ·
porky said:
:roll: The 2009 Yamaha T-MAX 500 is Yamaha's "Flagship" and TOP of the line and the best selling performance scooter in Europe. I think it may be here in the United States too, if supply meets demand and the economy doesn't worsen. There is a REASON why it costs more. :D

Yes, the Majesty holds more stuff and gets better fuel mileage, with less fuel capacity in the tank and the seat is less tall. :roll:

Actually ride a T-MAX and then see what y'all think! :shock:

Apples and oranges are fun to compare but in the end, in my humble opinion, they both make a great snack food! :wink:

Have fun! Sam 8)
Having owned a 1000cc BMW in the 80's, I think I have a pretty good idea of what a top of the line motorcycle is. I acknowledge all of the TMAX's strong points and whole-heartedly agree that it's an awesome machine.

That said, for the day-in, day-out riding I do, everything from getting to and from work, making grocery store runs, to packing up and taking a weekend (or longer) trip, as much as I REALLY like the TMAX, the Majesty -- for ME -- is still the better choice. Better even than my BMW was, believe it or not.

Edit: OK, I just realized that I mispoke. For packing up and taking a trip, the Beemer was WAY better than the Majesty. Duh. The Majesty isn't quite THAT good! :wink:

#9 ·
:D 1984 R80RT Classic-Candy Red
1987 R650S Grey
1995 R100RT Classic White
1999 R1100GS Black
2000 K1200LT-C Champagne
:D :D :D :D :D Sam

#11 ·
8) What exactly is YOUR message????????? :lol:

Past inventory--Beemers are gone!

I was showing AX1464 that I agree with his past love for his BMW, since I've had a few myself!

That OK skipper?

Take care, Sam :wink:

#12 ·
I know the T-Maxx is a nice scoot. I went with the Majesty for the large capacity it can carry of gear and the 2K price difference. It is also more comfortable for me when I sit on it.

The T-Maxx is to me a sportbike which I have already have 4 or 5 rockets so to get a scooter that essentially a crotch rocket didn't do me no good as anything that looks like a rocket but not even close in performace to me is a let down. With the Majesty I didn't have that problem as I knew what the performace was like. To me once you ride a sportbike down grading is tough so to have the look minus the performance would kill me. I had my days of sportbiking and I'm onto another phase of riding that I like to do.

I think the T-Maxx is good for guys that never had a full blow sportbike but want a scooter that give them a sportier feel over the Majesty or Burgmans.

Either way T-Maxx or Majesty your getting great dependable scooters that will last for many miles. Can't go wrong no matter what you buy. Just ride it, have fun, and be safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#13 ·
:D I agree WYD, with your comments. To each his own. I've finally gotten to the point that the only thing that makes me want to ride anymore is a scooter. I've been legally licensed to ride a motorcycle since mid 1962, I am 62 and believe it or not my T-Max purchase was my 62nd new bike! Weird huh!

Bye the way, I really like the Morphous and came very close to buying one but when I went back to ride it, it was sold!

PS: the Ducati 1098S sure looks good! There I go again! Sam :roll:

#14 ·
porky said:
:D I agree WYD, with your comments. To each his own. I've finally gotten to the point that the only thing that makes me want to ride anymore is a scooter. I've been legally licensed to ride a motorcycle since mid 1962, I am 62 and believe it or not my T-Max purchase was my 62nd new bike! Weird huh!

Bye the way, I really like the Morphous and came very close to buying one but when I went back to ride it, it was sold!

PS: the Ducati 1098S sure looks good! There I go again! Sam :roll:
Funny my dad is 62. Just got back on are first scooter ride of the season. Not a huge ride but 70 miles and a stop to get a bite to eat. What a great time scootering with my dad. :D

I think it is awesome that you bought a T-Maxx. Age is only a number and if your having fun that is all that matters.

#17 ·
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.