majesty's engine

General SCOOTER talk. Please use the tavern for "other" general topics.

Moderator: Site Moderators

majesty's engine

Postby jeffy » Tue Jun 17, 2008 21:19 21

Just got my new 08 majesty and was wondering how many miles you can put on that engine before it would need a overhaul. It sounds like it's a hellava engine but I'd like to hear from people who put a lot of miles on there machines and if they have any problems with them.
jeffy

MajestyUSA.com
Advertisement

Re: majesty;s engine

Postby kbehzadian » Tue Jun 17, 2008 22:09 22

jeffy wrote:Just got my new 08 majesty and was wondering how many miles you can put on that engine before it would need a overhaul,It sounds like it's a hellava engine but i like to hear from people who put a lot of miles on there machines and if they have any problems with them.

I don't believe anyone has ever put enough miles on their Majesty to be in need of an engine overhaul. At least, I am yet to come across one.

Your bike should last a long while. Perhaps up to 60k miles with no trouble and normal maintenance.
kbehzadian

Postby dagadget » Thu Jun 19, 2008 17:59 17

kbehzadian wrote:
jeffy wrote:Just got my new 08 majesty and was wondering how many miles you can put on that engine before it would need a overhaul,It sounds like it's a hellava engine but i like to hear from people who put a lot of miles on there machines and if they have any problems with them.

I don't believe anyone has ever put enough miles on their Majesty to be in need of an engine overhaul. At least, I am yet to come across one.

Your bike should last a long while. Perhaps up to 60k miles with no trouble and normal maintenance.

I would think that a good engine like the Majesty's would last at least 100K with proper maintenance. I have 13k on mine so far and it still is strong. I hope 60K miles is a low estimate because I want to keep my Majesty until over 100K
2006 Yamaha Majesty (traded)
2009 Yamaha Tmax (Blue)
dagadget
Super Poster

Postby kbehzadian » Thu Jun 19, 2008 18:14 18

dagadget wrote:I would think that a good engine like the Majesty's would last at least 100K with proper maintenance. I have 13k on mine so far and it still is strong. I hope 60K miles is a low estimate because I want to keep my Majesty until over 100K

I understand most Japanese motorbikes are designed for a fatigue life expectancy of 100,000 km or roughly 60,000 miles. Long story short, you can increase the life expectancy of your engine by increasing oil change frequency.

Best of luck!
kbehzadian

Scooter engine life

Postby doddgary » Fri Jun 20, 2008 18:08 18

1. When I had a Honda Helix 250 I belonged to a magazine group called "Scoot-Tours" and some riders got 160k and had not rebuilt yet.
1. '05 Majesty bought new in Aug. 06: $5000
2. Yamaha taller windshield
3. Yamaha passenger back rest
4. Side leg deflecters
5. Mirror extenders
6. Dr. Pulley Slider weights, 14 grams (disappointed, no real change)
doddgary
Super Poster

Postby bjrugh » Fri Jun 20, 2008 18:51 18

Do you recall possibly what kind of scooters they were? Honda's? Yamaha's? C'mon man throw us a bone here! :)
bjrugh
MajestyUSA Supporter
MajestyUSA Supporter

Honda Helix 250

Postby doddgary » Sat Jun 21, 2008 18:29 18

1. Honda Helix 250
1. '05 Majesty bought new in Aug. 06: $5000
2. Yamaha taller windshield
3. Yamaha passenger back rest
4. Side leg deflecters
5. Mirror extenders
6. Dr. Pulley Slider weights, 14 grams (disappointed, no real change)
doddgary
Super Poster

Postby bjrugh » Sat Jun 21, 2008 18:37 18

Thanks man. Let's hope that the Yamaha was competitively designed! I must say, though, if I see an OLD scooter running around town, it is more often than not a Honda.

I would have given Honda some more consideration when i bought my Majesty, however it seems like they are taking themselves out of the market except for the Silver Wing. The Silver Wing is a nice bike for sure, but a little pricey for what I was in the market for. You would think that with the gas situatino in the US that a manufacturer would be trying to get MORE involved (like Yamaha bringing in the TMax) and not offering less. Totally baffles me.

At any rate, I'm happy with the Majesty. Just hoping it has a long and happy life. Ok the happy part would be me, just hope it has a long life!
bjrugh
MajestyUSA Supporter
MajestyUSA Supporter

Re: Honda Helix 250

Postby The Bull » Sat Jun 21, 2008 19:11 19

doddgary wrote:1. Honda Helix 250

Can you please give me your opinion on you side wind defletors. Are they woth 100 dollars??
2007 Jet Silver Yamaha Majesty 400
Side Wind Deflectors
Ram mount w/Garmin320
SHOME flashing L.E.D. added brake light-safety-

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s113 ... Dlight.flv
Added 12V outlet under seat
The Bull

Postby ron.cieri » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:24 10

Well, I'd paid for them and like them very much. Are they worth $100? Only because other options are limited but they make your bike look a little better and help driving in colder temps which I do in Michigan as I try to drive in all but the worst weather. Short answer, "yes" but I wish they were cheaper!
ron.cieri
Super Poster

Postby kbehzadian » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:04 12

bjrugh wrote:Thanks man. Let's hope that the Yamaha was competitively designed! I must say, though, if I see an OLD scooter running around town, it is more often than not a Honda.

I would have given Honda some more consideration when i bought my Majesty, however it seems like they are taking themselves out of the market except for the Silver Wing. The Silver Wing is a nice bike for sure, but a little pricey for what I was in the market for. You would think that with the gas situation in the US that a manufacturer would be trying to get MORE involved (like Yamaha bringing in the TMax) and not offering less. Totally baffles me.

At any rate, I'm happy with the Majesty. Just hoping it has a long and happy life. Ok the happy part would be me, just hope it has a long life!

Okay. I am a former Honda brand- loyal person and owned nothing but Honda until this Majesty. Ridden many bikes and brands tho.

Both brands are fantastic! I've seen Riva and Elite scooters from the 80's a lot. Some have well over 40k miles and still running strong after 25 some odd years. I think you'd see more Hondas on the streets because they have historically had a higher sales rate among Japanese scooter manufacturers in the US and have been at it since the 70's that I know of.

Manufacturing quality is a toss up between the two. This is based on some consumer research I did before buying this bike. However, Honda is somewhat better designed than Yamaha, in my opinion. I think they may have better R&D or what have you.

Honda Silverwing is a fantastic motorbike. It is almost the same identical size as the Majesty, but with a bigger engine. It is my humble opinion that the extra power in the Silverwing makes it somewhat dangerous-- much like another Honda product, the Elite 250.

Another thing about the Silverwing, it gets about 40MPG, and has all this rear end shakes at high speeds.. I am not sure where they come from or they are only a characteristic of the 2, 3 Silverwings I've ridden. Or who knows, I could have been dreaming..

Anyway, I think both manufacturers make wonderful products. Should Honda make a Silverwing with a 400- 450CC engine and a bigger bike with the current Silverwing engine, or should Yamaha builds a Morpheus with a 400CC engine they'd do quite well. By the way, I have not ridden a T Max bike. I think I'll wait for a few years and then may look into buying a used one should it make the test of time. I am hearing weird things about it..

Anyway, I think 400CC engine provides optimal GPM and usable power-- so your choices should be really Burgman 400 or Majesty 400 if you want to go on a freeway and be respected :) .

Yamaha seems to be better quality than Suzuki, based on consumer feedback research I did. Although, I do not feel I am qualified to make an assessment in this regards, do your own research.

Happy riding, watch out for the meth- flying kids in trucks and best of luck!
kbehzadian

Postby MikeNW » Mon Jun 23, 2008 13:15 13

use synthetic oil and change often and keep it full.
MikeNW

Return to General Discussion