Scooter jack

Don't be afraid to ask!

Moderator: Site Moderators

Scooter jack

Postby Ronnie Baby » Thu Mar 06, 2008 17:34 17

Hey does anyone have any experience with a jack to lift a Majesty to work on it ? Is it worth it to get one with wheels? Thanks
Ronnie Baby

MajestyUSA.com
Advertisement

Postby stick47 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 18:01 18

It's been pretty well agreed on that the hard points where you can place a jack under a Majesty aren't any where near the balance point of the scooter so you might say you can't "jack" with these scooters. :wink:
Suggest visiting your local Harbor Freight store and checking out the motorcycle lift ( item # 91764 ) Currently on sale for $287. I stopped in and got a rain check since they're out of stock in my store now. Nice thing about this lift is that it will fit beneath my pickup when parked in the garage and if I ever need to load the scooter in the PU, I'll just need to pull the truck next to the lift, raise it and roll it into the bed. Low ground clearance is 7".
Thanks
Steve
06 Red Majesty
Givi Shield - Side Wind Deflectors
Cone Filters - Drivers Backrest
Clear Front Turn Signals
JCosta - Free Door Removal Service Image
04 Ranger - 09 Rav4 Sport 4WD V-6
stick47
MajestyUSA Supporter
MajestyUSA Supporter

Postby Larry Newman » Sun May 11, 2008 23:05 23

You can use an inexpensive auto garage type jack. Just be sure to put a wide piece of wood where the jack will lift the front wheel, which is under the fuel tank. For the rear you have the wheel stand.

This is how I store my bike for the winter.
Larry [ shiftless to the bone ]
'05 &'06 Majestys 25k mi.
CeeBaileys tour screen,
Givi tunnel bag, Cortech Tri-bags.
BeadRider seat top. Throttle rockers [2],
Mirror wideners, Ride-on tyre fill.
Tourtech 2.25gal. aux tank- 300 mi.+
Larry Newman
MajestyUSA Supporter
MajestyUSA Supporter

Postby CB » Thu May 22, 2008 20:42 20

I just received my #91764 Harbor Freight Motorcycle lift. uncrated and set up in just a few minutes.

I did not use the castors as mine is mounted on Wood runners and stored in the down position under my stock Chevy Pickup K1500.

I had my wife's Majesty up on it yesterday as well as my Tw200. It's foot or hand pump to 30" high. Quality is good. Stability is good. It raises and lowers great with a two position locking pin.

Told my wife had I known this tool was this handy I would have invested in the one with the out riggers on it that will hold an ATV. Then I could put the lawn tractor at a nice working heigth, as well. I've already fabbed my lift to work on the rider mower.

Matter of fact it was handy just to jack up and sit on while sharing a cup of coffee and a chat with a neighbor.

Good quality and investment. BTW you need to grease it and lube the clamp screw and such.

All in all, It's a good value for a thrifty lifter.
CB

Return to Newbie Questions!