Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner

KYMCO Xciting 400i might be coming!

10K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  ahernandez74 
#1 ·
Got a bee in my bonnet and contacted KYMCO. Here is the conversation:

Hi there!
As an ex-Majesty 400 owner, I am VERY interested in the new KYMCO Xciting 400i. Any plans to bring it to the US? From all I've seen, it would KILL the Yamaha Majesty and Suzuki Burgman 400.
Thank you,
Neil Torr

Dear Mr. Torr,
I agree that the Xciting 400i would be a great bike for the U.S. market. We are evaluating it for a 2015 model year launch. Hopefully you will see it in our market next fall.
Thank you for your interest in KYMCO.

Best regards,

Bruce Ramsey
Vice President of Sales and Operations
KYMCO USA

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I remember when they were saying that the 500 was comming soon. At that time I was considering the Honda Silverwing. I waited a long time for the 500 & finally gave up & bought the Majesty which had come out in the meantime.
I have test ridden both the 250 & 500 Kymcos & liked them both. The problem is the shortage of dealer network. There have been three different dealers that carried Kymcos nearby & they are all out of bussiness.

#3 ·
Honda's new 2014 Forza 300 is nice, with lots of features.

Kymco's dealer network lacks numbers.

I can't buy another new T-max 500/530!

So I'm looking at buying a new 2013 Yamaha Majesty 400:)

Sam:)

#4 ·
basically it's sku-torr's tmax jr!

#5 ·
Not sure if I like the Color or Girl better...Both their specs are impressive...

#9 ·
#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
KYMCO offers the MyRoad 700. It's an almost 10 year old design that's a Burgman 650 copy. Heavy and ponderous, the reception has been lukewarm, at best.

Here is a link to the US review:

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/189/16558 ... -Ride.aspx

And they summarize it this way...
Myroad 700.jpg

Attachments

#12 ·
Huh? Why would it be a Majesty - Burgman 400 killer. I see nothing about it, other than a slightly sharper look than the Downtown, that makes it desirable over all other 400cc. The Downtown hasn't sold and it has more storage and equal or better lights, and probably isn't much slower. Now if they sell the Kymco 400i at Downtown price they may get some interest. But if the continue to price their scooters very close to Japan, Inc, they will disappear into the night in terms of the US market. I believe 300cc will be the upper limit of scooter models in the coming years, at least in the USA. Other than the Burgman 650, big scooters don't sell here. Honda is moving to make more and more models have an DCT (auto trans) capability along with hard saddle bags and top boxes as accessories, so I suspect the Burgman will probably also fade away. Given a choice of a Honda Forza or any Kymco model, most people will choose the Forza. I believe Suzuki is going to license the Downtown under its badge, and I wouldn't be surprise if Yamaha comes out with a 300cc model. I hope Suzuki goes forward and brings the scoot to the USA. I think the Downtown is an hugely under respected scoot, that might find buyers carrying the Suzuki label with its nationwide dealership.

#13 ·
That's sort of what Piaggio has thought with it's latest line-up, with the X-10. Although called a "350", it's actually 330cc's but with the same horsepower and torque as a 400 maxi, with better mileage and, wait for it, a WET CLUTCH like the Tmaxs and Motorcycles. Great rider protection, good storage, tech-wise cutting edge, with AMAZING styling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.