Yamaha Majesty Scooter Forum banner

Icon Airmada Volare helmet

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ericroadking 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
IconAirmadaS.jpg

Icon (brand) Airmada (model) Volare (design) helmet (self explanatory)
Bought this to replace my Fulmer modular helmet (see avatar) which was becoming loose and loud. Loose and loud probably because it was the wrong head shape (roundish) and I bought it a size too large. The Icon is a definite long oval and a race fit, which seems to mean it is a bit closer fit with a substantial neck curtain(?). The Icon is a full face without an internal visor making it lighter and quieter than the Fulmer-also giving a DOT and ECE rating. I never did use the visor and found it to funnel more air into my eyes than keep out. The Icon is high-viz AND reflective, the Fulmer was high-viz. I used the Fulmer as my "on-the-road" helmet and had installed my Scala com set into it. I liked the modular function around town because I didn't have to take the helmet off at the bank drive in or going in the post office (banks and post offices get kind of weirded out by people coming in with helmets on), but will be using the Icon more as a traveling helmet after the com is switched over to it.

My overall impression is that the Icon is very well made for the price point ($208), as well as lighter and quieter than the modular Fulmer. The long oval fit is truly comfortable on my long oval head and the shell, which comes in five sizes, seems close fitting and streamline. There is plenty of room with gaps in the liner, to install a com and ample space in front of the chin bar for the microphone.

The Volare paint scheme is last year's model, but the helmet is made in several patterns and still some high-viz. I just liked this one best, and not to be a fashionista about it, it matches my jacket.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.