An alternate to high cost riding jeans etc.

Helmets, jackets, gloves, boots, rain gear, etc

Moderator: Site Moderators

An alternate to high cost riding jeans etc.

Postby Cal2wheels » Thu May 18, 2017 23:11 23

I have been looking at a lighter but protective non Darth Vader looking clothing set. Going to the movies in most gear is a bit much, my bank is not hot on that either. SO, first was an armored hoodie from Cycle Gear, has CE armor, and a light larger wind breaker (or jacket) to keep it from road crud, easy to do. After getting a pair of jeans with CE armor pads before, they mostly have smaller pads, and not as many as needed for adequate protection. Touring $$$ pants are good, but look like MC clothes. Mesh suits with pads, fairly expensive, and a pain to wear all the time for short trips. Plus, most of these don't fit as snug as advised, to protect from slipping aside in a mishap.

I went to Cycle Gear, we chatted for a while and I bought -- Fox racing armored racing shorts, TITAN is the model, my 42 waist took an XL size. Fit is snug at first, for a few hours. Extra large pads wrap around, plus butt pad, small tailbone piece, and crotch protection which helps maintain room where you need it. So, more padding, washable, most pants will fit over them, for about half of retail on one pair of armored jeans.

They work!! Get them snug, takes a couple hours riding to get them right. My Majesty also has a raised pad also from Cycle Gear, now I get double padding, a bit of a raised position too. Fits better than the Corbin seat on my previous bike, and my gear doesn't look so ferocious to others.
Cal2wheels

MajestyUSA.com
Advertisement

Return to Riding Gear