Top Ten changes I'd like to see on my Majesty

Only post information that you feel Yamaha would benefit from knowing. Product improvement suggestions are welcome. Not a "conversation" section".

Moderator: Site Moderators

Re: Top Ten changes I'd like to see on my Majesty

Postby cystokid » Tue Dec 13, 2016 16:41 16

ronbahra50 wrote:A larger gas tank! Not having to stop and fill up as often would be awesome, and that would be true for any scooter.

Boy, Do I agree! I carry an emergency 1 liter fuel bottle under the seat--good for about ten miles, but sure wish the scoot had a 5 gal. capacity...
cystokid

MajestyUSA.com
Advertisement

Postby gruntled » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:02 01

one liter can under the seat doesn't sound too good to me. I have several cans (8 oz, 11 oz, 16 oz & one liter) that I have bought over the years. I carry one of them UPRIGHT in a pocket on the back of my saddlebags on the side OPPOSITE of the muffler. The smallest one should be good for better than 3 miles.
I've only used one twice when I deliberately tried to see how far I could go on reserve but there have been a couple of times I was getting close & it gave me comfort to know I could still go a bit further.
gruntled
Insane Poster

Postby ronbahra50 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:09 12

When I first got my Majesty, I wanted to know how much further I could go once the Flashing gas light count down started. I twice ran my Majesty completely out of gas to see. The first time, I got to 34 miles before the engine stopped, the second time I got to 33 miles. So, I have always known that once the Gas Countdown starts, I always have a safe 30 miles of travel distance before I absolutely need to refuel.
1996 Honda Elite 80
2000 Yamaha Riva 125
2005 Yamaha Majesty 400
2006 Vespa LX 150
ronbahra50

Postby gruntled » Wed Dec 14, 2016 17:51 17

As best I recall I was able to go about 36 miles before the motor would stop if you stopped like at a red light but it would start again. Around 40 it would not start again. I average approx. 54 MPG so you can extrapolate from there.
gruntled
Insane Poster

Postby minimac » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:04 09

With your fuel pump being located in the gas tank, that's something you don't want to do often, just for curiosity sake. The pump depends on being submerged in the fuel for cooling itself. By running the tank dry (or even very low) you're shortening the life of the fuel pump.
minimac
Super Poster

Postby RJ64 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:49 07

minimac wrote:With your fuel pump being located in the gas tank, that's something you don't want to do often, just for curiosity sake. The pump depends on being submerged in the fuel for cooling itself. By running the tank dry (or even very low) you're shortening the life of the fuel pump.

My VTX has an external fuel pump. The earlier years had internal, but now there is room for more gas. I wonder how much room the fuel pump is taking up on our scooters. But yeah, if you have internal pump it's not good to run it down that low if not necessary. I went 20 miles ONCE on "reserve" and I was sweating bullets because I just barely got it, and didn't know the accuracy of the fuel gauge. Turns out I had .25 gallons left. Too close for comfort, but I made it!
2005 Yamaha Majesty "Blue Streak" - Darksiding since 11-02-2016
2007 Honda VTX 1800 N "The Beast" - Darksiding since 11-25-2016
2013 Triumph Bonneville "Black Beauty"
Jesus. That's How I Roll
RJ64
Super Poster

Postby Calscoot2 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:06 01

I don't have mine here yet, but I plan on some led strip side lights, maybe blue to match the body color, for night use. Then besides new HID headlight bulbs, maybe a pair of HID low and up front mini lights for extra wide views of the "hidden deer" at night or early. How about a GPS mount from the factory with those extra plugs?? Last of all I think the often forgotten removable drink holder, holds my coffee at the ready.

Always more, eh ?? cal
Calscoot2

Postby ronbahra50 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 18:14 18

Turn signals that automatically shut off would be great.
1996 Honda Elite 80
2000 Yamaha Riva 125
2005 Yamaha Majesty 400
2006 Vespa LX 150
ronbahra50

Postby tonymarchman » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:13 08

More legroom and less weight! It could lose 100 lbs and add 2 inches of suspension travel. I recently purchased a Vespa gts 250 and the radiator vents are right in front of my knees. It is a bit warm in the summer but in winter it is wonderful to have heat under my thermoscud leg cover. My gf tells me the cover is large enough that she feels the warmth also.

Tony in Tn (The little Vespa is a hoot to ride, acceleration from a stop feels like the bike wants to run out from under you) The Vespa is about 300 lbs
tonymarchman
MajestyUSA Supporter
MajestyUSA Supporter

Previous

Return to Feedback for Yamaha