Goodbye to all

General SCOOTER talk. Please use the tavern for "other" general topics.

Moderator: Site Moderators

Goodbye to all

Postby scooterchick » Tue Apr 04, 2017 18:33 18

It's been a great 4 years with my Majesty, but my needs have changed. Last weekend I said goodbye to my beautiful blue Majesty as she went to her new home near Whiterock, BC. I have found this forum to be invaluable for tips and maintenance ideas, and hopefully the new owner of my Majesty will join. Since I no longer have the bike, I will also say goodbye to the group now. Happy scootering to all!! :D
scooterchick

MajestyUSA.com
Advertisement

Re: Goodbye to all

Postby kramnalap » Wed Apr 05, 2017 23:41 23

Did you get a different bike? If so, which one?

I would be interested to know why someone would switch from the Majesty, and what they switched to.
'09 Yamaha Majesty in America
'10 Honda PCX125 in Thailand
kramnalap

Postby DrumrPete » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:17 12

kramnalap wrote:I would be interested to know why someone would switch from the Majesty, and what they switched to.

I will switch as soon as I find something as comfortable, or more so than a Majesty (with the original seat).
So far, I've ridden or at least sat on about everything in my part of the midwest, and nothing comes close in a weight:comfort ratio.

As for original seats, our '09 came with that newer "flat" style seat, great looking, but the 120 mile ride home from St Louis killed my tailbone.
Even though it was for my wife who has more padding than I do, I bought a new OLD seat on eBay and fixed it right up.
Her Majesty - 2009 Metallic Titanium
His Majesty -2007 Deep Purplish Blue
DrumrPete
Super Poster

Postby ax1464 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:22 11

kramnalap wrote:I would be interested to know why someone would switch from the Majesty, and what they switched to.

I ask that question to myself fairly often and find that there's no other motorcycle/scooter that could replace my (2nd) Majesty. Yes, it is deficient in some ways (I'd like a bit more power, a bit better handling, a bit better weather-protection, etc) but there is really nothing else that can do everything my Majesty does for me.

One of my primary concerns is carrying my 17.3" laptop back and forth to work. Very few motorcycles, even the biggest touring bikes, can carry a laptop that size. The Majesty's under seat storage area was practically made for it — and has room to spare (and I have my 55-liter Givi travel trunk when I need even more space) .

And are you aware that the Majesty is rated to carry as much weight — or more — than most full-size touring bikes? I was amazed to learn this.
o%o
Previous bikes:
  Tote Goat
  1986 BMW K100RS
  2008 Yamaha Majesty — 54,000+ miles (taken out by [2nd] deer strike 5/3/14)
Current bike (bought 5/30/14):
  (Another) 2008 Yamaha Majesty — approx 15,000 miles
o%o
My Photo Gallery
ax1464
Insane Poster

Return to General Discussion