Majesty Anniversary

Yamaha Majesty specific.

Moderator: Site Moderators

Majesty Anniversary

Postby RJ64 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:52 05

Well today is my first anniversary with my Majesty. Seems like I just got it though! 2005 with 7300 mls on it the day I got it, and now one year later it's at 16,400. That's 9100 mls in the first year and more than the previous 11! That's actually not a lot for me, considering I have two other bikes I ride as well, and miles on my car. But it is the most miles in the past year on any of my bikes. I do about 15K a year on bikes. I use the Majesty mainly for work commuting of 50 mls a day, and mostly 6 days/week. Plus I haul trash/recyclable stuff to the dump. And ride it to Church at times. I really enjoy this bike. It has awesome storage under the seat, and a big lockable glove box and I can strap stuff over the rear seat. What's not to love about it? It's no hot rod, but I've had it to speeds some folks would never do, just to see if it could. (like climbing Everest, I suppose lol). I hope it lives a good long time, and I have even been eyeing a newer one that I might trade my Bonneville for. Two Majesty are better than one! But anyway....how long have you guys owned your Majesty?
2005 Yamaha Majesty "Blue Streak" - Darksiding since 11-02-2016
2007 Honda VTX 1800 N "The Beast" - Darksiding since 11-25-2016
2013 Triumph Bonneville "Black Beauty"
Jesus. That's How I Roll
RJ64
Super Poster

MajestyUSA.com
Advertisement

Re: Majesty Anniversary

Postby gruntled » Mon Feb 27, 2017 23:27 23

Twelve years & only about 94,000 miles but I have also had another motorcycle for most of that time. I am about to get rid of my Harley as my bad knee is making shifting harder & harder plus arthritis in my hand is making it harder as well.
gruntled
Insane Poster

Postby Milehighguy » Wed May 17, 2017 5:56 05

I'm feeling a bit reflective too... I got my 2009 Majesty the end of February 2016 for $2500 - I think I stole it. Perfect condition from a couple that used it for their motor home transportation around the campground and to town. I put about 9,000 miles on it in a year, and knocking on 15,000 total miles now. Just bought new Michelin Pilots and did the front, but waiting a bit for the rear - getting my money's worth out of the Dunlops. Runs great and fun again with a new front tire. Haven't done my v belt yet, but that will probably be next around 20K. I ride any day that is sunny, and occasionally get caught in the rain. But I like the rain protection of the Majesty in light rain - still make it home mostly dry. Storage is great with the GIVI trunk the previous owner installed. I am very pleased and happy when I am on my Majesty! I hope I see it reliably go to 50K and beyond.
Milehighguy

Postby minimac » Wed May 17, 2017 7:49 07

My '06 currently has a little over 32K, but it's one of three scooters (Burgman Executive, Morphous) that I regularly ride. The only issue I've had in over six years, was an occasional no start, (but never stranded!) which I traced to a chaffed wire. When I changed the belt at (25K) I went to 14gram rollers. I've rode the Majesty across country and back, toured the Ozarks and the U.P. of Michigan, and it is my "go to" bike. More than adequate performance, decent gas mileage, very good weather protection, can out handle me, and solid as a rock-what else would you want?
minimac
Super Poster

Postby Mike Ludo » Tue May 23, 2017 12:02 12

Minimac, you are practically my neighbor. I live in Lyons Falls NY, near Lowville I have been thinking about 14 gm rollers. How do you like them? Notice any difference?
Mike Ludo

Postby minimac » Tue May 23, 2017 17:16 17

Hi Mike! I like the 14 gram rollers a lot. I'm not completely sold on sliders, so I stuck with the rollers. It'still not a rocket off the line, but the mid range is very good. The bike seems to pull much stronger(and quicker)from about 15 mph right up to an indicated 80. I tour often on it and going down the thruway, 80(gps 74) seems to be the sweet spot, which is 6000-6200rpms.
minimac
Super Poster

Return to Majesty